Claudelands was named for the first Waikato County Council chairman F.R. (Francis Richard) Claude. He acquired a 400 acre farm, originally allocated to Colonel William Moule of the Waikato Militia’s 4th Regiment, and in 1879 subdivided 391 acres. Claudelands was originally a township within the Waikato County. It was brought into the Hamilton Borough in 1912. This collection includes photographs of houses, businesses and a private hospital as well as photographs of the construction of the River Road overpass and of the extension of Claudelands Road.
To view all of the images in this collection click on Browse All at the top of this page.